[TESTING] Curve25519 encryption support (update)

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Jul 20 13:03:12 CEST 2015

On Wed,  8 Jul 2015 02:42, gniibe at fsij.org said:

> There are things we need to decide: OID, algo ID, and format.
> Currently, I use:
>
>      OID: 1.3.6.1.4.1.3029.1.5.1
>      algo ID: ECC = 18 (not 22 nor 23)
>      Public key OpenPGP format: prefix 0x40 and native little endian
>      Libgcrypt SEXP format: Use (flags eddsa) to specify DJB format/processing
>                             (flags comp) for prefix 0x40

I am in general fine with this because this is basically compliant with
RFC-6637.  The use of the the 0x40 prefix is not defined by 6637 but
given that an implementation needs to understand our OID anyway I don't
see a problem using a not-yet-standard prefix.

The only question is whether we should use the above OID (from Peter
Gutmann's arc) or use our own one.  Peter: do you know whether your OID
is already in use?

Salam-Shalom,