[TESTING] Curve25519 encryption support (update)

Peter Gutmann pgut001 at cs.auckland.ac.nz
Tue Jul 21 06:02:45 CEST 2015

Werner Koch <wk at gnupg.org> writes:

>The only question is whether we should use the above OID (from Peter
>Gutmann's arc) or use our own one.  Peter: do you know whether your OID is
>already in use?

If you mean whether it's still reserved for 25519 rather than being assigned
to something else then no, it's permanently assigned to 25519 so won't get
used for anything else.  If you mean is anything else using it for 25519 then
I don't know, 25519 is so new, and non-standardised for ASN.1 use, that I'm
not sure whether anything's using it with things like certs.  That's why I set
up that OID for it, to allow it to be used in ASN.1 objects.

Peter.