passphrase callback

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Jun 2 19:08:04 CEST 2015

On Fri, 29 May 2015 09:05, folkert at vanheusden.com said:

> Ah so there's a mismatch between the gpgme and gpg2 version in debian
> right? Can you confirm this? Then I'll create a debian bug report for

GPGME is independent of GnuPG.  In general GPGME checks the GnuPG
version before using a new GnuPG feature.  However, when I added the
passphrase-mode feature to GPGME I assumed that it will only be used by
users who require GnuPG 2.1 anyway and thus saved the overhead of
checking the version.

> Yeah but maybe it should emit an error or so. Maybe in debug-mode.

Similar functions (e.g. gpgme_set_progress_cb) work exactly the same
way.  In fact they do not hav a way to return an error code.

Salam-Shalom,