Default configuration of pinentry in gnome3

Watson Sato yuuma.sato at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 05:31:28 CEST 2015

Hi, I'm Yuuma and I'm working on GNOME side of pinentry-gnome3 as a GSoC
project.

With pinentry-gnome3 implemented we are looking to set this pinentry
program as default in gnome3.

I know it' possible to configure the default pinentry through configuration
in gpg-agent.conf file and it also can be passed as a parameter on
execution.

But what would be the way for GNOME to change default pinentry to
pinentry-gnome3 when starting a session?

Neal has mentioned that Debian uses update-alternatives to configure the
default pinentry, would this approach be enough?
Maybe reading a secondary config file where session managers can change
stuff.

Is there a better approach?

--
Watson Yuuma Sato