Default configuration of pinentry in gnome3

Watson Sato yuuma.sato at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 05:02:43 CEST 2015

On Tue, Jun 9, 2015 at 5:34 PM, Daniel Kahn Gillmor <dkg at fifthhorseman.net>
wrote:

> Now you have three different responses to choose from, none of which
> require you to do anything in GNOME directly afaict :)

Thanks for the replies.
So, as I understand, it is something to be setup by packagers or
distributors...

There are two separate things:
First is to indicate that gnome-keyring goes well with pinentry-gnome3.
That would be done by making one depend on the other?
And second is to make gpg choose pinentry-gnome3 as default when running a
GNOME session. I believe the pinentry-wrappers and alternatives to good
approaches, if the user wishes to user another pinentry gpg-agent.conf
should be used.

Our concern is to ensure that when gnome-keyring is running along with gpg
in a GNOME session gnome-keyring is able to cache gpg passphrases if opted
to.

Is there a mechanism for GNOME to recommend such setup up for packagers or
distributors, maybe docs or something? (Does this question make sense? I
don't know much about how packaging and shipping processes)

--
Watson Yuuma Sato