removing pinentry's subdirectories from git: debian/ gtk/ qt/

Dimitri John Ledkov dimitri.j.ledkov at intel.com
Thu May 14 11:54:04 CEST 2015

On 13 May 2015 at 20:27, Neal H. Walfield <neal at walfield.org> wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> At Wed, 13 May 2015 13:04:04 -0400,
> Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
>> I notice that pinentry git contains three subdirectories that aren't
>> even shipped in the released tarballs:
>>
>>  debian/
>>  gtk/
>>  qt/
>
> Werner mentioned removing gtk (the old gtk1 implementation) and qt
> (the qt3 implementation).  I've been doing some other cleanups and
> haven't gotten to that yet.
>
> Since you're a Debian developer, I'll trust you that removing the
> debian directory is the right thing to do.  (Taking a look now, it
> does appear quite outdated.)

Debian Developers got sick of upstreams shipping debian/ directories,
hence for many years now dpkg-source when using v3 format nukes the
./debian/ directory out of the upstream tarballs on unpack.
However here lies the irony.... Debian upstream project tarballs ship
debian/ directories and use a v3-native subformat....

--
Regards,

Dimitri.
Pura Vida!

https://clearlinux.org
Open Source Technology Center
Intel Corporation (UK) Ltd. - Co. Reg. #1134945 - Pipers Way, Swindon SN3 1RJ.