removing pinentry's subdirectories from git: debian/ gtk/ qt/

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu May 14 13:01:30 CEST 2015

On Thu, 14 May 2015 11:54, dimitri.j.ledkov at intel.com said:

> Debian Developers got sick of upstreams shipping debian/ directories,

Back in 1998 the former Debian GnuPG Maintainer (James Troup) suggested
to add a debian/ directory.  This was later revised but for some
packages it still sits in the repos.

Sure debian/ should be removed.  However, in some cases I like to keep
old directories in the repo for example if we are in the process of
moving code.  The migration from keyserver helpers to dirmngr is such a
case.  tags require that everything has been checked out.

BTW, the repos are development only and do not make a proper release!

Salam-Shalom,