removing pinentry's subdirectories from git: debian/ gtk/ qt/

Dimitri John Ledkov dimitri.j.ledkov at intel.com
Thu May 14 15:45:28 CEST 2015

On 14 May 2015 at 14:36, Daniel Kahn Gillmor <dkg at fifthhorseman.net> wrote:
> On Thu 2015-05-14 07:01:30 -0400, Werner Koch wrote:
>
>> Sure debian/ should be removed.  However, in some cases I like to keep
>> old directories in the repo for example if we are in the process of
>> moving code.  The migration from keyserver helpers to dirmngr is such
>> a case.  tags require that everything has been checked out.
>
> yep, understood.  I don't think that we're in the middle of transferring
> code from debian/, gtk/, or qt/ though, right?
>
>> BTW, the repos are development only and do not make a proper release!
>
> Yes, of course.  We build debian packages based on the released
> tarballs.
>
> But having a clearer/cleaner relationship between the released tarballs
> and the upstream repo makes it easier for debian developers to
> contribute back to upstream, and to pull narrowly-targeted changesets
> from the upstream revision control if they're needed to fix identified
> bugs before a new release comes out.
>
> Speaking of new releases, thanks for all the recent work on pinentry,
> Neal!  it's exciting to see that coming along.  I hope my little flood
> of minor bug reports the last few days has been encouraging instead of
> discouraging :)

Yeah I also can't wait for the gtk3 compatible pin entry to be out!

Even if my partial patch at fixing gtk3 didn't get reviewed/include
from way back when, and now is obsolete.

--
Regards,

Dimitri.
Pura Vida!

https://clearlinux.org
Open Source Technology Center
Intel Corporation (UK) Ltd. - Co. Reg. #1134945 - Pipers Way, Swindon SN3 1RJ.