gnome keyring & gpg agent: backport to gpg 2.0 done

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Thu May 28 10:22:23 CEST 2015

On Tue 2015-05-19 09:36:40 -0400, Neal H. Walfield wrote:
> But, again, these items are primarily aesthetic: there is no reason
> that distributions can't ship the new pinentry now and disable GNOME
> Keyring's gpg agent proxy.

I'm not inclined to ship the new GNOME3 pinentry if it's not part of a
released version of pinentry.  I could do so with a beta release
(e.g. in debian experimental), or i could invent a release of my own
From git HEAD, but i'm wary about doing this unless you tell me as
upstream that pinentry is in a good stopping place.

(also, the common gnupg practice of shipping tarballs that differ
significantly from the revision control system makes it more complicated
for me to "cut a release" on my own as a distributor, since the release
i cut is likely to be different from whatever you produce as upstream)

I'd be happy to try to get something like pinentry-gnome3 into debian if
it's ready, though.  Is it ready?

Regards,

  --dkg