Optimization-dependent behavior with GnuPG 1.4.19 and GCC 5

NIIBE Yutaka gniibe at fsij.org
Fri Oct 2 02:07:56 CEST 2015

On 10/02/2015 07:35 AM, Kevin Locke wrote:
> Good to know, thanks!  (Also thanks for mentioning pgpdump, it was new
> to me.)  For my original issue (signed Debian package Release files
> for Google Cloud SDK) it may be possible to convince the signers to
> use GnuPG for signing the release files, so that may be a solution
> after all.

That's a possible work around.

For Debian, Jessie and older still use GCC 4, thus, all we need to
care is building gnupg 1.4 in sid/testing.

Since I found Ubuntu uses GCC 5, I submitted a report:

    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnupg2/+bug/1501634

It seems that Fedora is also uses GCC 5, but I can't find how to
submit these kinds of bug report to them.  No action taken from me to
Fedora.  The direct impact would be not that huge for them (than
Debian and Ubuntu), though.