Optimization-dependent behavior with GnuPG 1.4.19 and GCC 5

Kevin Locke kevin at kevinlocke.name
Fri Oct 2 02:19:24 CEST 2015

On Fri, 2015-10-02 at 09:07 +0900, NIIBE Yutaka wrote:
> On 10/02/2015 07:35 AM, Kevin Locke wrote:
>> Good to know, thanks!  (Also thanks for mentioning pgpdump, it was new
>> to me.)  For my original issue (signed Debian package Release files
>> for Google Cloud SDK) it may be possible to convince the signers to
>> use GnuPG for signing the release files, so that may be a solution
>> after all.
>
> That's a possible work around.
>
> For Debian, Jessie and older still use GCC 4, thus, all we need to
> care is building gnupg 1.4 in sid/testing.
>
> Since I found Ubuntu uses GCC 5, I submitted a report:
>
>     https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnupg2/+bug/1501634

That's great!

Did you submit a bug to Debian, or do you know if there are plans to
include the patch in testing?  I hadn't thought that GCC 5 was being
used by default yet, but I'm definitely seeing the issue in the
packages currently in testing and the most recent build logs[1] show
gcc-5_5.2.1-15.

Thank you again for all of your extra effort on this,
Kevin

1.  https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=gnupg&arch=amd64&ver=1.4.19-5&stamp=1439904061