New option --recipient-file

Ben McGinnes ben at adversary.org
Wed Aug 3 00:53:00 CEST 2016

On Tue, Aug 02, 2016 at 12:09:58PM +0200, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Tue,  2 Aug 2016 05:10, ben at adversary.org said:
>
> > Very nice, but does that mean it will also be able to handle
> > additional .kbx files in addition to the .gpg and .asc files?
>
> No.  Only the OpenPGP compliant format.  The .kbx format is internal
> to GnuPG.

Cool, also a very good reason for not including it there.  Given the
propensity for people to generally only create ASCII armoured key
files to leave all over the place, I'm fairly confident that that will
become very popular.  I know it had been asked about on one or two of
the StackExchange sites two or three years ago and that entire network
of sites is basically dedicated to history repeating, albeit getting
fine tuned along the way, so it'll be a convenient answer the next
time that happens.

Regards,
Ben