Problems with pip install gpg

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Dec 22 12:07:10 CET 2016

On Wed, 21 Dec 2016 19:39, bre at pagekite.net said:

> My point was that if the bindings were more accessible to developers,
> developers would be more likely to use them. You guys are really
> close, but

What I don't understand is why a _developer_ has problems to do the
usual

  ./configure && make

followed by a

  make install

as user with appropriate permissions.  This used to be one of the first
advanced things you learned as a sysadmin.  I can't imagine that a
Python developer is missing these basic abilities.  And if it is about
the time this takes: reading the manual and come up with an idea on how
to use a library will for sure take more time.  Or are we living in a
copy+paste examples world now?

But well, I as one of these gray haired Unix folks I have a hard time
realizing that a shell is not anymore the basic interface for a
hacker.  (cf. today's <https://lwn.net/Articles/709769/>)

Salam-Shalom,