gpg-preset-passphrase not opening redirected socket.

Uldis Anšmits uldis.ansmits at tieto.com
Tue Feb 9 15:23:47 CET 2016

Hello!

On my build environment I hit the sun_path socket length limit.
This leads to gnupg2 unit test failure.

I was trying to work around the limit by configuring socket redirect in
tests/openpgp.

The configuration file is:
cat <long path to gnupg2 build folder>/test/opengpg/S.gpg-agent
%Assuan%
socket=<short path>/S.gpg-agent
-------
Now tests are starting gpg-agent.

Unfortunately gpg-preset-passphrase does not read socket redirect
configuration and most tests still fail.

What is the reason not to use libassuan socket redirect implementation in
gpg-preset-passphrase?

How to work correctly with GNUPGHOME longer than 108 (actually
96+"/S.gpg-agent") ?

Regard
Uldis