Moving the agent's socket to /var/run ?

Guilhem Moulin guilhem at fripost.org
Fri Jul 8 23:09:40 CEST 2016

Hi Werner,

On Thu, 09 Jun 2016 at 08:50:42 +0200, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Wed,  8 Jun 2016 19:33, dkg at fifthhorseman.net said:
>> Also, is there an easy/automated way to query gpg for the hashed
>> directory?  it'd be nice for external tools to be able to do something
>> like:
>>
>> gpgconf --homedir $foo --print-socket-dir
>
> gpgconf --list-dirs | grep ^agent-socket: | cut -d: -f2

By the way, the “EXAMPLES” section of the gpg-agent(1) manpage should be
modified accordingly to show the new SSH_AUTH_SOCK assignation.  In
fact, using gpgconf seems to be more robust than building the path
manually and would also be more portable across versions.

However, while ‘gpgconf --list-dirs’ lists the gpg-agent socket path,
the ssh-agent agent socket path is missing.  If it's safe to merely
append the gpg-agent socket path with “.ssh”, I guess it should be
documented in the manpage somehow (though adding a gpgconf entry for the
SSH agent socket would be cleaner IMHO).

Cheers,
--
Guilhem.