Environment variables for UPDATESTARTUPTTY of gpg-agent

NIIBE Yutaka gniibe at fsij.org
Wed Jul 13 02:41:12 CEST 2016

On 07/12/2016 05:53 PM, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Jul 2016 10:06, gniibe at fsij.org said:
>
>> Recently, I changed the configuration so that gpg-agent is started by
>> systemd.  Then, I encounter this issue:
>
> You mean 2.0?  Since 2.1 auto starting the agent is the default and I
> don't see why some other software should take part in it.  GnUPG would
> not anymore be self-contained.  Anyway.

For my case, it's 2.1.  For desktop, I'm using Debian on Wandboard.
In Debian, gpg-agent used to be started by
/etc/X11/Xsession.d/90gpg-agent.  Now (with 2.1.13-x in experimental),
it is not.

Since I also use gpg-agent for SSH, it makes sense to start gpg-agent
when I login.  Currently, I'm testing systemd.  I think that the
feature of "systemctl --user" is good.

When I use VT console, I want to use to curses version of pinentry on
the terminal, while I want to use window version of pinentry on X.  I
use UPDATESTARTUPTTY of gpg-agent to switch.

> I would prefer not to maintain a separate list in cmd_updatestartuptty
> but to use a function from session-env.c to return the list of envvars.
> The sub-command "std_env_names" from cmd_getinfo already does it this
> way.

Thanks for your suggestion.  I modified following this suggestion.
Tested and pushed.