non-interactive export of secret keys stored in cleartext

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Sun Jun 12 03:35:35 CEST 2016

On Sat 2016-06-11 14:48:11 -0400, Werner Koch wrote:
> Many thanks.  I applied them.

Thanks!

> One question however:
>
> commit c41c46fa84cabbed74a13ded51fc3a817a919367
>
>   g10: Export cleartext keys as cleartext
>
>   [...]
>   * tests/openpgp/export.test: for secret keys that are stored in
>     cleartext, test should try to export without pinentry interaction.
>
> Justus recently improved these test and your patch seems to remove most
> of the new code.

I think Justus actually *created* this test recently, and the new test
included a lot of stuff to provide passphrases for exporting cleartext
secret key material (as a way of documenting current behavior).
c41c46fa84cabbed74a13ded51fc3a817a919367 removed a bunch of that code
code -- it isn't necessary any longer, and you should see that the
pinentry data is completely consumed as expected.

> Justus: Can you please look at the changes and remember to re-add the
> new tests when porting them to gpgscm if needed.

Thanks for the work on the test suite, Justus!  Please let me know if
you have any suggestions or preferences for my edits to the tests.

Regards,

    --dkg