python bindings for gpgme

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Jun 14 11:25:11 CEST 2016

Am Dienstag, 7. Juni 2016 19:10:32 schrieb Ben McGinnes:
> Whereas my view of remaking things with Python following an overhaul
> of GPGME was not so much "make it more Pythonic" (though if that
> happened as well I wouldn't object) as much as it was "make it more
> modular" and "make it kind of REST-like" (with all the relevant
> caveats).

The overal goal, as far as I can see,
is to get acceptance within python programming people first.

Will modularity and restfullness help here?
I have no clear conception of what it will mean for the python bindings
of gpgme.

> For example; using JSON for feeding in data types and receiving the
> those web-weenies, Javanauts, Node-velopers and Mono-thoughts; at
> least in relation to the data types they fed it and received from it
> that they'd have to actually want to code an insecure thing to do
> anything else.

While I like json over more complex data types, I wouldn't expect it from a
python-gpgme binding right away.

--
www.intevation.de/~bernhard   +49 541 33 508 3-3