axolotl, OMEMO vs OpenPGP

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Mar 21 17:03:36 CET 2016

On Mon, 21 Mar 2016 16:33, bernhard at intevation.de said:

> Does somebody has pointer to in depth analysis?

I have not looked at it but there is indeed an offline, or better
store-and-forward, protocol which provides forward secrecy:

  Matthey D. Green and Ian Miers.  Forward Secure Asynchronous Messaging
  from Puncturable Encryption.  2015 IEEE Symposium on Security and
  Privacy.

Sorry, I do not have an URL handy.

The major problem I see with this protocol is the huge key.  Thus is
can't be easily added to OpenPGP or CMS.

Shalom-Salam,