WKD for separate email hosting? (Is: Web Key Service server lookup)

Kristian Fiskerstrand kristian.fiskerstrand at sumptuouscapital.com
Wed Nov 2 13:29:42 CET 2016

On 11/02/2016 10:31 AM, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
>>> However the problem is that we'd need a TLS certificate for the subdomain.
>> >
>> > I would think this is usually solved by wildcard certificates.
> the whole benefit of using a standard second domain name like
> pubkeys.example.org would be that that can be hosted on a second
> domain.

I'm not sure if it is worth it still, just as a banal start of
discussion; having a subdomain being used could open up different attack
vectors if a user can control this (pubkeys.github.org user?). And
serving it on a separate server is trivial to do using a reverse proxy
request on the loadbalancer anyways.

--
Kristian Fiskerstrand