WKD for separate email hosting?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Nov 4 21:14:30 CET 2016

On Fri,  4 Nov 2016 17:44, Juergen.Schaepker at giepa.de said:

> What about multiple domains handled by a single server?

I don't understand your question?  Running several domains on one IP
address is standard deployment.  SNI works just fine and we do not need
to care about outdated OSes which are not able to handle them.  All TLS
libraries do SNI.

> Please also see my question on IDN handling. If the complete
> (normalized) email address isn’t used to calculate the hash (on both
> client and server), I think there is no way to determine an
> unambiguous IDN address. ASCII-only lowercasing

I doubt that anyone will ever be able to get the BS of internationalized
mail addresses and domains right.  That is such a large can of worms
that you better don't open it without asbestos.

Fortunately we can step this aside in the protocol specs.  OpenPGP
requires UTF-8 and thus the protocol uses only UTF-8 and leaves all
IDNing to the MUA.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner

ps.
I stripped the subject which was modified by strange behaving MUAs to
inserts arbitrary strings like "AW:" instead of the the de-facto standard
"re:" and "was:".