Building gpg locally

NIIBE Yutaka gniibe at fsij.org
Fri Nov 11 02:40:26 CET 2016

Hello,

On 11/11/2016 03:38 AM, Vinay Sajip wrote:
> I've invoked the gnupg configure using
>
> CFLAGS=-I$HOME/tmp/include LDFLAGS=-L$HOME/tmp/lib ./configure
> --prefix=$HOME/tmp
>
> Environment is Ubuntu 16.04.1 (64-bit).
>
> How should I invoke configure for gnupg to get it to pick up the private
> copies of includes and libs in $HOME/tmp ? I couldn't see any answer via
> ./configure --help.

In that cas, you need to specify following options with $HOME/tmp.

    --with-libgpg-error-prefix
    --with-npth-prefix
    --with-libgcrypt-prefix
    --with-libassuan-prefix
    --with-ksba-prefix

I think that CFLAGS and LDFLAGS are not needed to be specified.

By the commands of gpg-error-config, npth-config, libgcrypt-config,
libassuan-config, and ksba-config, CFLAGS and LDFLAGS are examined.