cleanup: encoding and spelling

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at
Thu Sep 15 20:29:41 CEST 2016

hey all--

I've just made some minor but fairly widespread changes to the codebase.
In particular, i fixed a bunch more spelling (all at once instead of
dribbling it in) and i converted several files from non-UTF-8 encodings
to UTF-8 encodings.  In particular, this unifies the po/ directory so
that everything is UTF-8 there.

The changes are large enough that i'm not going to try to send them via
mail -- and at any rate, i don't know how i'd trust a patch that changes
the encoding of a file to make it through the e-mail system unscathed.

At any rate, you should be able to see the changes on the
"encoding-and-speling" branch on

If you don't have that in your git repo, you should be able to fetch
them and review with:

    git remote add debian
    git remote update debian
    git checkout encoding-and-speling

the last of the 3 commits is commit ID aee5ff812c224fb55a60b2b6af3c209eefbd4e31

To look at in the webview:

I hope this is useful,

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 930 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: </pipermail/attachments/20160915/34418be0/attachment.sig>

More information about the Gnupg-devel mailing list