[Announce] GnuPG Made Easy (GPGME) 1.7.0 released

Neal H. Walfield neal at walfield.org
Wed Sep 21 20:13:58 CEST 2016

Hi,

On Wed, 21 Sep 2016 13:45:16 +0200,
Thomas Glanzmann wrote:
> Hello Werner,
>
> * Werner Koch <wk at gnupg.org> [2016-09-21 11:24]:
> >   * Support for GnuPG 2.1's TOFU trust model.
>
> I'm using mutt and would like to use TOFU for gpg and gpgsm by using
> gpgme. I compiled the gpgme version, but I do not see a change. I
> assume, that once I receive a signed email which I do not trust yet, I
> get asked if I trust this public key. Is this done using the command
> line or is there some code which needs to be written for mutt in order
> to use the functionality?

For full TOFU support under mutt, mutt will need to be modified (or,
rather, the gpg plugin for mutt).  But, simply having the newest
version of gpg is not enough for TOFU support.  You need need to
explicitly enable it.  Start here [1] for an introduction (also
folloow the links).  And, check the manual for more details.

:) Neal

[1] https://www.gnupg.org/blog/20151103-gnupg-in-october.html#sec-1-5