running all the tests

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Aug 8 18:03:59 CEST 2017

On Tue,  8 Aug 2017 09:58, wk at gnupg.org said:

> Given that --enable-maintainer-mode has its own problems and may fail
> when run by a user, I propose to add a separate configure option to run
> the extensive test suite.  For the very long running tests in Libgcrypt

To move on with this I just pushed a change with adds the option
--enable-all-tests to gnupg's configure.  Only if this option is used
the full range of tests is done.  Thus --enable-maintainer-mode is not
used to decide on this.

Further, --enable-all-tests is always used for "make distcheck".

As before adding TESTFLAGS=--parallel to the "make check" or "make
distcheck" will speed up things.

I greped codesearch.debian.org for that new option and only Haskell
things use this string but outside of configure.  Thus in theory Debian
could add --enable-all-tests to all configure invocations and we start
to advertise this is a standard option for running, well, all available
tests.

Salam-Shalom,