Can't resolve DNS since 2.1.17

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Tue Feb 14 01:19:36 CET 2017

On Mon 2017-02-13 19:14:24 -0500, Gabriel Souza Franco wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 10:02 PM, Daniel Kahn Gillmor
> <dkg at fifthhorseman.net> wrote:
>>
>> Is this your patched dirmngr or the stock dirmngr?
>
> This is stock. With my patch it continues making several PTR requests, as usual.

I believe the PTR requests themselves are a bug, so not making them
seems just fine to me:

  https://bugs.gnupg.org/gnupg/issue2928

So it looks to me like the stock behavior is the correct behavior for
dirmngr to me, given a broken DNS resolver that cannot handle SRV
queries.

Can you explain what you would expect to be done differently?

       --dkg