Way to use existing scdaemon

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Feb 20 08:59:55 CET 2017

On Sun, 19 Feb 2017 08:17, quae at daurnimator.com said:

> I was looking for a way to use an existing scdaemon instance from gpg-agent.
> Could we make socket_name[1] a command line option?

Sorry, I don't understand your question.  scdaemon is managed by
gpg-agent and started as needed.  You could use scdaemon on your own but
that is not suggested because it would conflict with gpg-agent's use of
scdaemon.

You can use all scdaemon commands via gpg-agent by prefixing the command
with "SCD ", like this

  $ gpg-connect-agent
  > scd apdu --atr
  S CARD-ATR 3BDA11FF81B1FE551F0300318473800180009000E4
  OK

Salam-Shalom,