OpenPGP Secret Key Transfer

Vincent Breitmoser look at my.amazin.horse
Fri Jun 2 17:14:18 CEST 2017

> A common use case for moving keys between devices are meetings.

Moving secret keys between devices at a meeting, is this a common use
case? Can you elaborate?

> Thus I would suggest to use a dedicated near-field protocol like
> Bluetooth.

Even between Android devices, the experiences I've had as a user with
apps that transfer data via bluetooth have been horrible. Throwing linux
and windows into that mix, I can't imagine this approach leading to
useful results within reasonable effort.

> Right, that is more effort on the software site but it avoids lots of
> practical problems.

WebRTC is a candidate that I have looked into, which is basically ICE
for transport and DTLS for crypto. My conclusion was that we should
stick with simplicity now, and can always make the transport layer more
complex later when we notice that this leads to problems in practice.

 - V