OpenPGP Secret Key Transfer

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Jun 2 17:54:46 CEST 2017

On Fri,  2 Jun 2017 17:14, look at my.amazin.horse said:

> Moving secret keys between devices at a meeting, is this a common use
> case? Can you elaborate?

Project releated (sub)keys.  Not very common today but I hope in the
future this will be a standard practise.

> Even between Android devices, the experiences I've had as a user with
> apps that transfer data via bluetooth have been horrible. Throwing linux
> and windows into that mix, I can't imagine this approach leading to
> useful results within reasonable effort.

I have always used BT to transfer contacts and calendar.  Between cell
phones and desktops.  In these cloudy times it might not be en vogue
anymore - don't know.

> stick with simplicity now, and can always make the transport layer more
> complex later when we notice that this leads to problems in practice.

I agree that using an URL allows to switch to a different transport
protocol.  So, using good old Internet practice it is okay to first test
the code and then work on the specs.

Salam-Shalom,