OpenPGP Secret Key Transfer

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Sun Jun 4 23:04:59 CEST 2017

On Fri 2017-06-02 17:54:46 +0200, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Fri,  2 Jun 2017 17:14, look at my.amazin.horse said:
>
>> Moving secret keys between devices at a meeting, is this a common use
>> case? Can you elaborate?
>
> Project releated (sub)keys.  Not very common today but I hope in the
> future this will be a standard practise.

This idea is neat; but it sounds speculative and only useful to a
certain subset of people (not everyone is involved with projects that
use split or shared keys).

So it doesn't seem like an objection that should block a plan to improve
user experience on more common practice (many more people will have two
devices than will work with project-related (sub)keys) so i lean in the
direction of pursuing Vincent's original approach for now.

     --dkg