[gpgme] python3.4 codegen of gpg/gpgme.py is corrupted

Alon Bar-Lev alon.barlev at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 12:30:32 CEST 2017

On 29 March 2017 at 13:25, Peter Lebbing <peter at digitalbrains.com> wrote:
> On 29/03/17 11:36, Justus Winter wrote:
>> What makes you say the code is corrupted?  I assume that your MUA
>> introduced linebreaks, but otherwise this looks ok.
>
> Hah! :-) To me, it looks like the layout is about the only thing that is
> actually proper Python :-). "def" is on a single line, then comes a properly
> indented docstring, then a return statement on one line. Maybe your MUA
> introduced linebreaks?

No, something is wrong with the automatic processing of the docstrings
and generation of the file.
As I wrote, in python-2.7 it works properly.
I can send a complete file if it will help.

# here it is bad, notice at parameter source: 'xxx' which is invalid
# also notice at the -> "gpgme_error_t" which is invalid.
def gpgme_err_make(source: 'gpgme_err_source_t', code:
'gpgme_err_code_t') -> "gpgme_error_t":

# this is the docstring which is valid... but leftovers are not
removed from the above during generation
    """gpgme_err_make(source, code) -> gpgme_error_t"""
    return _gpgme.gpgme_err_make(source, code)