Paypal donations

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed May 24 16:03:20 CEST 2017

Hi!

although we are a bit less active in bug fixing these days, that does
not mean we are plain lazy: Instead we are preparing a new donation
campaign and a small technical part of that are recurring donations.

Meanwhile this seems to works for credit cards using Stripe as provider.

However, we have problems to properly test the same thing for Paypal (it
worked in their sandbox, though).  Several tries using German Paypal
accounts failed with a message saying "country not allowed for
recurring" - despite that the Paypal docs say that this is possible for
Germany.  So until now we had only one successful live test using an
Austria based account.

I would appreciate if someone with an US Paypal account could do us a
favor and enter a small recurring donation via Paypal using
https://gnupg.org/donate .  I will cancel and refund that subscription
then in a few days - if it gets through.

Please let us know at donations at gnupg dot org if you can help with
that.

Salam-Shalom,