Proposal with patch: Make socket directory host dependent

Rainer Perske rainer.perske at uni-muenster.de
Thu Nov 16 17:31:01 CET 2017

Hello

> Actually the default in 2.1 is to use a non-shared socket directry.

Thank you very much!

Unfortunately I cannot use /run/user/(userid) because it is maintained
by systemd and in my webmailer situation it can be deleted even if the
agent is still running. (systemd does not know anything about the
sessions of a webmailer.)

But your objection brings me a much better and more simple idea:

Line 544 of common/homedir.c contains:

  static const char * const bases[] = { "/run", "/var/run", NULL};

Could you please prepend a configurable directory to this list?
I propose this most simple change:

  static const char * const bases[] = {
     GNUPG_LOCALSTATEDIR"/run",
     "/run", "/var/run", NULL};

Then I can simply use your mechanism.

Best regards
--
Rainer Perske
Abteilung Systembetrieb und Leiter der Zertifizierungsstelle (WWUCA)

Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität
Zentrum für Informationsverarbeitung
Rainer Perske
Röntgenstraße 7-13
48149 Münster

Tel.: +49 251 83-31582
Fax.: +49 251 83-31555
E-Mail: rainer.perske at uni-muenster.de
WWW: https://www.uni-muenster.de/ZIV/Mitarbeiter/RainerPerske.shtml
Büro: Raum 006, Röntgenstraße 11
Lageplan: http://wwwuv2.uni-muenster.de/uniplan/?action=spot&gebnr=7474

Zertifizierungsstelle der Universität Münster (WWUCA):
Tel.: +49 251 83-31590
Fax.: +49 251 83-31555
E-Mail: ca at uni-muenster.de
WWW: https://www.uni-muenster.de/WWUCA/

Zentrum für Informationsverarbeitung (ZIV):
Tel.: +49 251 83-31600 (Mo-Fr 7:30-17:30 Uhr)
Fax.: +49 251 83-31555
E-Mail: ziv at uni-muenster.de
WWW: https://www.uni-muenster.de/ZIV/