installing gnupg 2.2 as "gpg", vs coexistence with gpg 1.4

Mihai Moldovan ionic at ionic.de
Thu Oct 12 08:11:23 CEST 2017

On 10/09/2017 12:38 PM, Werner Koch wrote:
> [...]
> Agreed for signature creation and keyserver access.

Agree here as well, but, personally, I would not remove these features. Not
because these features are still useful or because they should be still
maintained, but because removing stuff takes time, potentially breaks things and
generally leads to more maintenance than just leaving it in.

Again, personally, I'd just leave it as-is and make clear that if it doesn't
work, it just won't work.

Regarding general maintenance: don't make your life complicated. At most apply
security fixes, nothing else. No bug fixes, no new features, rien. Keep the
required maintenance work down.

Mihai