swdb.lst, gnupg21 and gnupg-2.2.0

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Sep 5 10:14:36 CEST 2017

On Tue,  5 Sep 2017 07:17, gnupg-devel at spodhuis.org said:

> I have build scripts creating packages for a couple of OS variants which
> I care about, using the "latest upstream", and testing the changes to
> dual-build gnupg21 and gnupg22 I was "somewhat perplexed" at the results

Actually I tried to avoid any possible breakage by keeping gnupg21_ as
an alias for gnupg22_.  For example the older speedo build scripts used
gnupg21_ and I expected that other scripts might to it similar.

Here is a comment from swdb/mac, which is the source of swdb.lst:

# temporary keep it as "gnupg21".  In the future we will use the name of
# the stable branch even for the development versions.

There is also a new "gnupg20_" for the old stable branch with an alias
of "gnupg_" because that is how we did it in the past.  We will
eventually remove those aliases.

The next development branch will be 2.3 but its swdb prefix will be
"gnupg24_".

Sorry for the trouble but frankly I am glad to see that the swdb.lst is
used beyond speedo.mk and the website.

Salam-Shalom,