GnuPG 2.2 - Comments in gpg.conf

ilf ilf at zeromail.org
Thu Sep 28 15:10:13 CEST 2017

Werner Koch:
>> Upon further inspection it appears that gpg.conf doesn’t allow
>> comments at the end of options.
> What do you think of the attached but untested patch?  It would help
> for these configurations.

We already had this debate last year:
https://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnupg-devel/2016-August/031458.html

I think comments start with "#" and that does not have to be at the
beginning of the line. There are multiple examples of software that
agree. I still think it would be right to allow this comment form.

But if the solution is to allow this only for specific configuration
options, I would also like this for "default-key" in addition to
"trusted-key". If you have a handful of more private keys in your
keyring, a comment definitely makes sense in addition to the key-id. And
as we can see, many people just ad comments to the same line.

Thanks, and keep up the good work!

--
ilf

Über 80 Millionen Deutsche benutzen keine Konsole. Klick dich nicht weg!
		-- Eine Initiative des Bundesamtes für Tastaturbenutzung