WKD v05: DNS problem when requesting pubkey

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Apr 9 10:23:19 CEST 2018

Am Freitag 06 April 2018 16:21:32 schrieb Werner Koch:
> In general this is true.  But as I explained to you on the phone, there
> are large mail providers who do not have a legal way to control the web
> part but can change the DNS with the exception of the A, AAAA and CNAME
> records used for the web service.

I know. Still using a DNS SRV record is a significant problem, because of the
number of webmail users and I'd rather have a better solution.
As you've written that the lookup is optional, a rudimentary step forward
would be to declare the lookup option. This way providers know that they'll
be excluded from some clients if they rely on the SRV record "hack".

Best Regards,
Bernhard