Setting up wks/ error parsing submission email

Fabian A. Santiago fsantiago at deviltracks.net
Wed Dec 19 20:55:47 CET 2018

On 2018-12-19 10:29, Fabian A. Santiago wrote:
> On 2018-12-19 08:49, Fabian A. Santiago wrote:

>>> The configure scripts detects whether the required libs are available
>>> and
>>> depending on this includes support for these compression algorithms.
>>> IF
>>> you created the encryption key for the server using that very version
>>> everything should be fine.  It might be easiest to simply create a
>>> new
>>> key using the version w/o the compression support.
>>>
>>> Or you build again but first install the packages /zlibg1-dev/ and
>>> /libbz2-dev/.  If you build using the speedo Makefile copies of those
>>> libearies should have been downloaded and used during the speedo
>>> build
>>> process.
>>>

>>> Salam-Shalom,
>>>
>>>    Werner
>>
>> i did use speedo....so?
>
> ok, so i edited my procmailrc file to use the system's own version of
> gpg-wks-server and now it parses the test email but is awaiting a
> confirmation and since i tested it from the command line and with an
> invalid address I'm not sure how to give it the confirmation it seeks.
> i did receive it's confirmation email to my catchall inbox but unsure
> where to go from here to continue testing it without simply using a
> legitimate key and email client. how do i pass it the confirmation it
> seeks via command line? Thanks.

so i've switched to using the gnupg built into my system and can get as
far as receiving the confirmation email as previously stated. when i use
the command line client to process this confirmation (I think, unless
i've misunderstood something), i get:

root at deviltracks:~# /usr/lib/gnupg/gpg-wks-client --receive --send <
sample2.txt
gpg-wks-client: t2body for level 0
gpg-wks-client: t2body for level 1
gpg-wks-client: t2body for level 2
gpg-wks-client: t2body for level 2
gpg-wks-client: new 'application/vnd.gnupg.wks' message part
gpg-wks-client: t2body for level 1
gpg-wks-client: gpg: Signature made Wed Dec 19 14:52:36 2018 EST
gpg-wks-client: gpg:                using RSA key
A6E176009FC6EBE8537D4FB72FEB4BBFE6F2B8FD
gpg-wks-client: gpg:                issuer
"key-submission at deviltracks.net"
gpg-wks-client: gpg: Good signature from
"key-submission at deviltracks.net" [unknown]
gpg-wks-client: gpg: WARNING: Using untrusted key!
gpg-wks-client: DBG: Fixme: Verification result is not used
gpg-wks-client: wkd data found
gpg-wks-client: draft version 2 requested
gpg-wks-client: gpg: decryption failed: No secret key
gpg-wks-client: error running '/usr/bin/gpg': exit status 2
gpg-wks-client: decryption failed: General error
gpg-wks-client: decryption failed: General error
gpg-wks-client: processing mail failed: General error

I feel like i must likely be doing something wrong but i'm unsure where
to go from here. thanks for your help everyone.

Thanks,

Fabian S.