Setting up wks/ error parsing submission email

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Thu Dec 20 22:42:40 CET 2018

On Thu 2018-12-20 16:35:43 -0500, Fabian A. Santiago wrote:
> On 2018-12-20 16:19, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
>> save it to a file ciphertext.wks ?  Then do:
>>
>>     gpg --output cleartext.wks --decrypt ciphertext.wks
 […]
> here you go:
>
> root at deviltracks:~# /usr/lib/gnupg/gpg-wks-client --receive --send <
> pgp_snippet.txt
> gpg-wks-client: t2body for level 0
> gpg-wks-client: processing mail failed: Unexpected message

this isn't the command i was trying to ask you to run.  can you try the
original suggestion?

> as for you having an account, would you be needing it on the test
> "client", email server, or both? i will contact you later after i'm off
> my day job and we can set something up if you wish. i should also state
> this is by no means critical. i'm just experimenting for my own personal
> use. so any help is greatly appreciated and i don't really mind how long
> it takes.

It would just be an e-mail account on that mailserver.  if you've gotten
the gpg-wks-server side of things sorted, then i ought to be able to use
the tools from my side to register a key.

your work in debugging this publicly will likely help other people who
stumble into whatever this problem is in the future and end up reading
the archives.  so thanks for your persistence!

    --dkg