Setting up wks/ error parsing submission email

Fabian A. Santiago fsantiago at deviltracks.net
Thu Dec 20 22:47:46 CET 2018

On 2018-12-20 16:42, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
> On Thu 2018-12-20 16:35:43 -0500, Fabian A. Santiago wrote:
>> On 2018-12-20 16:19, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
>>> save it to a file ciphertext.wks ?  Then do:
>>>
>>>     gpg --output cleartext.wks --decrypt ciphertext.wks
>  […]
>> here you go:
>>
>> root at deviltracks:~# /usr/lib/gnupg/gpg-wks-client --receive --send <
>> pgp_snippet.txt
>> gpg-wks-client: t2body for level 0
>> gpg-wks-client: processing mail failed: Unexpected message
>
> this isn't the command i was trying to ask you to run.  can you try the
> original suggestion?
>
>> as for you having an account, would you be needing it on the test
>> "client", email server, or both? i will contact you later after i'm
>> off
>> my day job and we can set something up if you wish. i should also
>> state
>> this is by no means critical. i'm just experimenting for my own
>> personal
>> use. so any help is greatly appreciated and i don't really mind how
>> long
>> it takes.
>
> It would just be an e-mail account on that mailserver.  if you've
> gotten
> the gpg-wks-server side of things sorted, then i ought to be able to
> use
> the tools from my side to register a key.
>
> your work in debugging this publicly will likely help other people who
> stumble into whatever this problem is in the future and end up reading
> the archives.  so thanks for your persistence!
>
>     --dkg
my apologies, i can be a bit of a tool sometimes. here you are:

root at deviltracks:~# gpg --output clear_snippet.txt --decrypt
pgp_snippet.txt
gpg: encrypted with 3072-bit RSA key, ID FAD6496868B818DD, created
2018-12-14
       "test123 <test123 at deviltracks.net>"

and the clear text is:

root at deviltracks:~# cat clear_snippet.txt
type: confirmation-request
sender: key-submission at deviltracks.net
address: test123 at deviltracks.net
fingerprint: 89CFCD21743DBDD5EB5ABC973879E79EC3420092
nonce: <redacted>

Thanks,

Fabian S.