LibreOffice with gpgme/OpenPGP support for ODF signing and document encryption

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Jan 31 10:25:32 CET 2018

Hi Thorsten,

Am Dienstag 30 Januar 2018 20:57:33 schrieb Thorsten Behrens:
> Which means, for the upcoming LibreOffice 6.0, you should be able to
> transparently use your GPG keys for doing the obvious things. On
> Windows, OSX, and Linux.

thanks for sharing the news and submitting patches!

Personally I cannot judge if and how they can be integrated.
Gpg4win crosscompiles for windows and thus cygwin+msvc seems
to be a new toolchain.

> The part that was surprisingly difficult was getting gpgme +
> dependencies to build on cygwin+msvc, which is a hard requirement for
> LibreOffice on that platform. Still, with the patches on the list now,
> the code builds and works (albeit some 5% or so gross hackery remains,
> to work around libtool sillyness - this stays downstream until I've
> figured out a cleaner way).

Can you send a link to the code that you have in your public repo somwhere?

Also it would be cool if you document your contract somewhere, so it stays on
record. (For some of the contracts related to Gpg4win, we used
https://wiki.gnupg.org/Gpg4win, at your deliberation you can use the wiki as
well. At least I'd like to link to it. :) )

Best Regards,
Bernhard