LibreOffice with gpgme/OpenPGP support for ODF signing and document encryption

Thorsten Behrens thb at libreoffice.org
Wed Jan 31 11:13:33 CET 2018

Hi Bernhard,

Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> Personally I cannot judge if and how they can be integrated.
> Gpg4win crosscompiles for windows and thus cygwin+msvc seems
> to be a new toolchain.

I know, and that was the challenge at least for the pieces that we
needed to link into LibreOffice. For obvious reasons, it is a hard
requirement that LibreOffice builds from source, including all 3rd
party dependencies.

> Can you send a link to the code that you have in your public repo somwhere?

Here goes:
- gpgme:
  https://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/tree/external/gpgmepp
- libassuan:
  https://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/tree/external/libassuan
- libgpg-error:
  https://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/tree/external/libgpg-error

> Also it would be cool if you document your contract somewhere, so it
> stays on record.

We've collected some pointers here:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/gpg4libre

The feature itself was funded last year by the German Federal Office
for Information Security, for which the LibreOffice project is very
grateful.

Cheers,

-- Thorsten