WKD submission without email client

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Jan 31 10:57:35 CET 2018

Werner, Andre,

just wondering today: If my email client does not yet support managing of my
pubkeys via WKD do we somewhere have instructions or scripts to do this
manually?

There is
https://wiki.gnupg.org/WKS?highlight=%28submission%29#Test_your_installation
which basically are instructions how to do this manually with gpg-wks-client

This can be improved and there are systems where we do not have gpg-wks-client
available or it is not easy to send the mail properly.

a) Debian Stable (Stretch) does not have gpg-wks-client by default
    https://packages.debian.org/source/stretch/gnupg2
    (Testing has it meanwhile, thanks dkg).

b) On windows Gpg4win 3 comes with gpg-wks-client, but
  I guess that the part of feeding the output email
  into the email may not work that easily.

Potential solutions:
* Add a cross plattform python script that may be able to
  be downloaded and used and works more easily.
* Provide gpg-wks-client for more plattforms (backport)
* Add instructions for windows that are step by step
* Add this to Kleopatra or GpgOL to cover larger fractions of
  users on windows.

And then place it on the wiki.

Best Regards,
Bernhard