WKD submission without email client

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Jan 31 14:01:38 CET 2018

On Wed, 31 Jan 2018 12:29, bernhard at intevation.de said:

> from "gpg". SMTP and the authentication to the receiving server is complex
> that I see it in GnuPG on the long run.

Na, that is not complex.  The real problem is to tell the user that the
credentials and parameters for the mail account are also required by
GnuPG.  That would be surprising.  Even if you can do that the standard
MUA would anyway received the challenge and the user needs to find out
how to pass this to gpg.

> We really need to build WKD managing into more email clients.

Ack.

> Maybe we'll find a way to do with with several typical windows clients like Outlook, Thunderbird, Claws..

Sending arbitray MIME mails with TB is complicated to impossible but
fortunately TB already supports WKD.

Shalom-Salam,