GPGME: looking for keys with respect to user settings

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Mon Jul 9 11:52:41 CEST 2018

Hi,

On Monday, July 9, 2018 10:13:26 AM CEST Wiktor Kwapisiewicz wrote:
> You answer, as usual, is exactly what I needed! :)

You are welcome. I very much appreciate that you work on adding WKD to other
software. ;-)

> And this table is excellent:
>
> > To clarify:
> > LOCAL means "--list-keys"
> > EXTERN means "--search"
> > EXTERN | LOCAL means "--locate-key"
>
> I noticed that LOCATE is described as equivalent to --locate-key in the
> docs:
> https://www.gnupg.org/documentation/manuals/gpgme/Key-Listing-Mode.html
> but I didn't think other options work like that. Maybe because I'm
> thinking in gpg options this translation table really speaks to me.
>
> Would it be too much detail if the documentation of keylist_mode also
> included --list-keys and --search in description of LOCAL and EXTERN?

I think it makes sense. Such things were ommited because GPGME tries to
abstract such things away. e.g. you can also use that with gpgsm and there
EXTERN does not mean --search and in theory.

I've added it now as I agree that making it more explicit makes it easier for
new users to understand it.

Best Regards,
Andre

--