Improving the command line UI of gpg

Dashamir Hoxha dashohoxha at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 13:56:10 CEST 2018

On Tue, Jul 24, 2018 at 12:34 PM Rainer Perske <
rainer.perske at uni-muenster.de> wrote:

> Hello
>
> My opinion regarding this request: I completely follow Werner. Don't
> extend the core GnuPG tool by adding a second user interface into the
> core without urgent need, risiking unnecessary compatibility issues
> and even unnecessary security vulnerabilities. If you want another
> interface, feel free to write a wrapper, based either on the existing
> command line interface or on GPGME.

As far as I know, GPGME is not an option for this task, because it does not
cover all the functionality of `gpg`. Even if it did, you have to implement
your own logic with GPGME, which is a burden and also risky.
So, the only option is to use the `gpg` command itself.

Dashamir