Query regarding GPGME python Bindings

Dashamir Hoxha dashohoxha at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 18:07:22 CEST 2018

On Fri, Jun 8, 2018 at 5:02 PM, Ben McGinnes <ben at adversary.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 08, 2018 at 03:05:23PM +0530, Divesh Uttamchandani wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am developing an application using gpgme python bindings.
> > I want to achieve the following gpg command functionality using gpgme.
> >
> > gpg --auto-key-locate=local,cert,keyserver,pka \
> > --keyserver "$KEYSERVER" $recipients \
>
> Direct access to keyserver (dirmngr) commands or functions is not
> currently included in GPGME.  Since the SKS protocol is essentially
> sitting on HTTP and HTTPS, however, it's simple enough to replicate
> those features directly using existing Python methods.
>
> I *highly* recommend using the requests module for that part.

As a workaround, or temporary solution, you can also try to use the
commands:
    gpg --keyserver="$keyserver" --search-keys "$recipient"
    gpg --keyserver="$keyserver" --recv-keys <key_id> <key_id>...
for fetching the recipients that are not available locally.
Later you can replace this with Python code.

Regards,
Dashamir