Query regarding GPGME python Bindings

Ben McGinnes ben at adversary.org
Sun Jun 17 15:31:01 CEST 2018

On Sat, Jun 09, 2018 at 09:13:23AM +0200, Marcel Fest wrote:

> Is it possible with gpgme, to create a new initialized homedir.  I
> only find that option in the gpg cli but not in the gpgme bindings.
> How would I achieve that?

It's possible to specify an alternative homedir in GPGME and thus also
in the Python bindings, just as can currently be done with the GPG
binary.

Creating and populating the entire hidden directory structure,
however, is another matter … which is why I scripted the part of that
which GPGME doesn't do too.  That script is here:

lang/python/examples/howto/temp-homedir-config.py

One of the many side benefitswhich grew out of needing to create keys
for the Greatest Secret Agent in the World.

Regards,
Ben