WKD: User ID filtering

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Thu Jun 21 12:35:46 CEST 2018

Hi,

On Thursday, June 21, 2018 11:02:28 AM CEST Wiktor Kwapisiewicz wrote:
> Yes! That's a very good idea! Actually I was thinking about the same but
> for EnigMail. WKD provides a good basis for initial contact encryption.
>
> Have you thought about extending it even further? For example if someone
> types an unknown e-mail, presses Enter, the GpgOL could see if there is
> a key available via WKD and if so, fetch it and enable encryption
> entirely automatically!

Exactly. That is actually what I am currently working on for the next version.
I can probably show a demo video next week about how it looks in GpgOL.

Btw. Last year Neal, Bernhard and me worked on a concept how we would like to
utilize WKD and the TOFU trust model for automated encryption. It can be found
under:
	https://wiki.gnupg.org/AutomatedEncryption

Maybe you find it interesting, I would be interested in your opinion.

It's my current focus for new feature work on Gpg4win.

Best Regards,
Andre

--
Andre Heinecke |  ++49-541-335083-262  | http://www.intevation.de/