GnuPG 2.2 on elder Debian & Ubuntu distros

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Mar 1 17:06:44 CET 2018

Phil,

Am Freitag 27 Oktober 2017 18:24:45 schrieb Phil Pennock:
> Thus at https://public-packages.pennock.tech/ I have packages for 4 of
> the 5 releases you mention (amd64-only).  I install the `optgnupg-gnupg`
> package

thanks I've tried your packages today on a GNU Stretch system
and got working Gnupg 2.2.5.

For the X11 based pinentries: You could recommend the needed minimum set of
X11 dependencies, to ease installation for people who want a graphical
pinentry.

> It's then just a matter of using `$PATH` for users so that I can use a
> capable modern GnuPG for all my stuff, while leaving the system tooling
> alone.

Your page is quite helpful, my suggestion is to add or link an example how to
set the path, e.g. sourcing a bash file like

setgnupg
base=/opt/gnupg

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$base/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export MANPATH=$base/share/man:$MANPATH
export PATH=$base/bin:$PATH

Best Regards,
Bernhard